Ridgewood and Cliffridge Water Main Replacement and Repaving
Greater Cincinnati Water Works (GCWW) advised Columbia Township officials it plans to begin its Ardmore Water Main Project #WW002742 construction on replacing water mains beginning June 13, 2016. The project includes new water mains for Ridgewood and Cliffridge Avenues. The work schedule given is as follows, dependent upon weather:
- Start layout of the water main June 13, 2016
- Start saw-cutting for the water main June 14, 2016
- Start laying of the water main June 20, 2016
- Start installing fire hydrants August 17, 2016
- Start to test new water main August 30, 2016
- Start tie-ins and services August 30, 2016
- Start the final tie-ins November 16, 2016
- Start final restoration Fall 2016
Since the water main construction will require half of Ridgewood and half of Cliffridge to be repaved, the Township tagged onto the project to have the balance of the streets repaved which will save a significant amount of money, increase the lifespan of the streets and improve the look of the streets.
Ridgewood Avenue work will include a new water main and curb-to-curb resurfacing while Cliffridge will include a new water main, curbs, driveway aprons and resurfacing.
The project will begin on Cliffridge. Once GCWW is finished with its water main work, the roadwork will begin and be completed in the fall.
As one might expect, there will be occasional delays, noise and inconveniences. Efforts will be made to keep these to a minimum during the four 10-hour day schedule planned for the job.